This document (the “Terms” and “User Agreement”) is legally binding and governs your use of the Paladin website and software, and all related web and mobile services including those from third parties that are incorporated or used in conjunction with the Paladin website and service (“Service”). A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your services at the sole discretion of Paladin.
By using the Paladin website and related services, you agree to be bound by the terms of this User Agreement. You also acknowledge and agree that Paladin is not a law firm and does not provide legal services, and that NOTHING IS TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE FROM Paladin.
Changes to User Services
Like Paladin’s business, our User Agreement will change and evolve. Paladin reserves the right to make these changes at our sole discretion and without notice. The most current version of our User Agreement will always be located here, under the Terms of Service section of our website. Please check these terms often for updates. By continuing to use the Paladin Service, you consent to the changes.
Unless additional permission is granted by Paladin, to use certain features of Paladin’s Service you must be:
- 18+ years old.
- An attorney admitted to practice in good standing with your respective bar, legal professional in good standing, law student or legal support staff wishing to use Paladin’s Services in accordance with this User Agreement.
- A law firm, legal department, law school or business entity that wishes to use Paladin’s Services.
- A bar organization, onprofit or legal aid organization that wishes to partner with Paladin to facilitate their pro bono.
Further, to use certain features of Paladin’s Services, you must:
- Provide your full legal name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process accurately.
- Accurately and proactively report any previous, current or pending disciplinary action.
- Use only a single username and password (“login”). You cannot share an account.
- Keep your password secure—Paladin cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account and password.
- Keep private any user information shared by Paladin pursuant to facilitating pro bono connections, unless expressly authorized by such user, including but not limited to name, employer, email address and pro bono preferences.
- Notify Paladin immediately if you suspect any security breaches to your account or the Paladin system.
- Be responsible for all activity and content (data, graphics, photos, links) that is uploaded under your account.
- Perform obligations as specified by this agreement and agreements that you enter into through this website when not in conflict with this user agreement or prohibited by law.
- Represent and warrant that your User Content and Paladin’s use thereof in the context of this agreement and the Services will not infringe upon the Intellectual Property Rights, Privacy Rights or Publicity rights of any third party.
Paladin reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse, suspend, or terminate service to anyone for any reason or no reason.
Scope of Service
Paladin is NOT a law firm or a referral service, nor does it provide legal services. Paladin is a software as a service product designed to facilitate attorneys and law students doing pro bono. Paladin makes no representations or endorsements of attorneys registered with the system, nor does Paladin interfere, direct, or otherwise supervise the interaction between opportunity referral sources and attorneys responding to them. NOTHING ON THIS SITE SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE FROM Paladin. Paladin IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE.
To confirm and activate your account as a law firm, business entity, law school, lawyer, or law student you will be asked to agree to a registered user Terms of Service governing the terms and use of the software as a service available to registered users. The registered user agreement and date of agreement will be stored and accessible to you in your account profile.
Notices and Communications
PaladinSM is a service mark of Paladin PBC, Inc. PaladinSM and other trademarks, service marks, slogans and logos used in Paladin’s software, on Paladin’s website, and on any promotional material published by Paladin are, whether or not registered, owned by Paladin PBC, Inc.
You are not authorized to copy, reproduce or modify any portion of Paladin’s website without prior written authorization. If you have reason to believe that any person, company or business has violated Paladin’s trademark rights or infringed Paladin’s copyright-protected material, please notify us immediately either by telephone or by e-mail at [email protected].
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DCMA”)
If you believe in good faith that any content through the Service your Intellectual Property Rights (including trademarks, logos and other rights, except copyright rights, which are described above) please (a) describe in detail the Intellectual Property Rights that you believe are infringed, (b) describe in detail the particular content t hat you believe infringes your Intellectual Property Rights, (c) provide us your name, address, email address, and phone number, and (d) notify Paladin per the directions in the Notices and Communications Section below.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Paladin and its affiliates that your Intellectual Property Rights may have been infringed. Paladin has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Paladin’s sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Paladin may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any Users who infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of others, whether or not there has been any repeat infringement.
Communications from Paladin to you:
Unless you otherwise indicate a preference in writing to Customer Support, Paladin will communicate with you by email or by posting communications through the Service. You consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that these electronic communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You will be considered to have received communication when Paladin has sent such communication to the email address you have provided to Paladin, or when Paladin posts such communication through the Service. You must keep your email address updated. If you fail to respond to an email message from Paladin regarding violation, dispute or complaint within two business days, Paladin has the right to terminate or suspend your Account.
Communications from you to Paladin:
All notices to Paladin intended to have a legal effect concerning these Terms must be in writing and delivered either in person or by a means evidenced by a delivery receipt, to the following address:
Paladin PBC, Inc.
386 Park Avenue S, Fl 5/br> New York, NY 10016
Such notices to Paladin PBC, Inc. are deemed effective upon receipt.